• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi new(ish) to Smartphones (Samsung Galaxy Apollo GT-I5800)

penpoint

Lurker
Sep 18, 2011
I have a Samsung Galaxy Apollo GT-I5800. It's nice to have such a phone, but there are a few wrinkles with it I hope I can get solved here.

It was bought from Carphone Warehouse here in the UK. I was able to put my existing o2 Pay and Go Sim into the phone (well they did it at the shop for me) so all my contacts saved to the SIM were available.

I won't fill this post with details of all the issues but briefly:

• In SMS messaging the contacts are duplicated, even though in Contacts I have SIM contact not displaying (having copied all across to phone)
  • Samsung Keiss no longer recognises the phone, though I can charge OK via USB.
  • Battery sometimes goes from 50% charge to 15% (or worse), then when plugged in immediately shows 50% then carries on charging.
  • When I choose Samsung Apps icon it shows two updates. But phone is set to block apps from non-Android sources. Is it safe to temporarily unblock for this update? Or will it mess up something?
  • Eerm yeh that'll do for now!!
Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones