• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help hide certain contact groups?

crackers8199

Android Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2010
if there are a few people who i don't want to show up when i open contacts on my phone (for whatever reason), and i put them into a separate group on my google account...is there a way to hide certain groups?

i know that if i remove them from "my contacts" they don't show up on the phone (but will still be saved on my account under "all contacts" but if i put them into a group, they always get added back into "my contacts" and therefore show up on my phone. even if i then remove them from "my contacts" if they're in a group they will still show up on the phone...

so again, i want to put a group of people together and hide just that group. there's gotta be a way to do this...right?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones