1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support hmm battery ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Billy_617, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Billy_617

Billy_617 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Boston, MA
    the first 2 days with the phone my battery felt awesome.
    but now im realizing.. i wakeup & unplug it to go on my way & it says its charged fully, i unplug & bam it goes to like 95? on ANY battery widget .. i tried a few. ? anyone know why or experiencing this too?

& another thing .. all the battery widgets dont seem to be accurate ? or the status bar battery isnt idk which one.
    the widget will say uhh 65% & in the status bar.. if i had to estimate it would look anywhere from 80-90% ? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. burningembers

burningembers Android Enthusiast

May 1, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Portland, OR
    I'm seeing similar behavior. For the most part, I think its normal. BatteryTime Lite seems to be giving me the most consistent percentage reading.

The first 5-10% of drain I think goes magnitudes faster than the rest, so that is why you're seeing a drop right after unplugging.

3. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    Doesn't the Samsung Fascinate stop charging when it's fully charged to avoid overcharging? or am I just imagining things?

4. burningembers

burningembers Android Enthusiast

May 1, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Portland, OR
    It should, yup. In fact, unless the phone is turned completely off, I believe it stops a few percentage points short of 100%.

5. Billy_617

Billy_617 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Boston, MA
    hmm.. so you guys saying i should shut it off before i go to bed ?
    i might start doing that ; but idk i like being able to wakeup & instantly check my phone, or waking up in the middle of the night & checking the time / texts/calls ... but i guess ill start doing it:(

6. saps

saps Android Expert

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    I actually stopped using all battery monitoring and it seems better for me. Before it would go from 100 to 99 after one text. Now I felt it plugged in all night 6-7 hours and then just unplug and go. Either my usage is less or my battery life is more but it's definitely lasting longer than last week.