• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AmauryRR

Jul 15, 2012
Hi, this is my first post here (and without any links lol). My name's Amaury, and what brought me here is my Sharp FX Plus ADS1.

I found a post here about rooting it, and so far I've learned how to make a ClockworkMod Recovery for it - as well as dump about everything from the device. Even learned how to repack the kernel's ramdisk as "insecure" (editing the default.prop to set ro.secure=0 as well as turning on adb - which is very usefull btw). Even learned to build (but not test) a CyanogenMod kernel using the /proc/config.gz on the device itself!

I'm attempting to port CyanogenMod (or AOSP, but I think CM has more devices/patches) over to it, so I'm trying to find what the closest "cousin" this lil guy has lol.

My next post will have all the info I have on it (in the FX Plus forum ofcourse) - Just wanted to say hi and hope everybody has a good one!

Thanks everyone, I'm usually a lurker (here, there and everywhere) - I've researched all kinds of stuff through the years, and always liked applying them whenever possible.

I've setup my build enviornment and was able to build CyanogenMod (or even AOSP) for my other devices from source (B&N Nook Color/eclair, HTC Inspire4g/ace/desirehd) and they worked out pretty good. FIgure I'd take a crack at porting something "new" - although I'm sure its got the same hardware as other devices (Qualcomm ARMv6 MSM7227 and Adreno 200)

I'll check on that subforum for the Samsung Ace (the hardware looked similar to the Sharp ADS1 in some aspects when I was researching). FX Plus is a cool lil phone, would be fun to see what can be flashed to it :)

I actually got the CyanogenMod to build from source (cm-kernel) for Sharp ADS1 using the config.gz pulled off the device (I switched to a msm-7227-unified branch for 2.6.35.x iirc). Functional? Not at all - yet lol - I'll check the other sub-forums out and see whats good there!

Thanks for the warm welcome all, hope ya'll have a great one! lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones