• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Couldn't find exactly what I was looking for in the forums. Yesterday, my home button stopped working on my Motorola Droid (1). It just gets really aggravating when I'm in the browser and I have to keep hitting back until it exits. Does anyone know if there is any way to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try and turn your phone off and the back on. If this doesn't work then turn it off pull the battery for a few second the restart your phone.

It may also be an app you downloaded so look at your recently installed apps. If all else fails you may have to do a factory rest. If it doesn't work after that your button may be bad but I am guessing it is a software bug.

Upvote 0
My husband had this issue recently it also affected his lock screen (it was no longer available) and he lost all other options under power off such as airplane mode. The only way to fix was to do a factoryreset unfortunately...I checked over at the motorola support forums as well and a few other have experienced this problem but the factory reset took caare of the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones