• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home Reolacement Apps And A Suggestion ( Add Default Home )

soba1

Jan 6, 2010
After seeing this thread
http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-razr/472973-launcher-pro.html

Let me make a suggestion. For one I like ADW.EX the paid version.
Seems to work a lot better with the Razr.
Also if you do use a home replacement app I do reccomend you use
the following
Home Switcher; allows you to switch between launchers that you install
and the original that came with the phone.
Also a must is DEFAULT HOME!
Because it is noted in the description of the app that blus has some
issues with letting you chlear the defaults.
Also not letting the home switcher app clear and reset the defaults.
I for one while I like the moto skin. Having that app drawer button on the far right drove me up the friggin wall.
Hope I made this clear and understandable.

After seeing this thread
http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-razr/472973-launcher-pro.html

Let me make a suggestion. For one I like ADW.EX the paid version.
Seems to work a lot better with the Razr.
Also if you do use a home replacement app I do reccomend you use
the following
Home Switcher; allows you to switch between launchers that you install
and the original that came with the phone.
Also a must is DEFAULT HOME!
Because it is noted in the description of the app that blus has some
issues with letting you chlear the defaults.
Also not letting the home switcher app clear and reset the defaults.
I for one while I like the moto skin. Having that app drawer button on the far right drove me up the friggin wall.
Hope I made this clear and understandable.
-
If your only complaint is the position of the app drawer button; that is one thing that you can change without getting a new launcher :)
-
The one big thing I dislike about blur is the limit of four apps on the dock but I like the ability to group apps (which other launchers seem to lack). One minor thing I dislike about blur is the ughly icon used for apps :)

-
Other than that I've not seen what other launchers offer (though I'm open to new ways to use the phone). I picked up adw during google 10ct offer and tried zemus and nemus and go launcher but just didn't quite get the advantage.

Upvote 0
-
If your only complaint is the position of the app drawer button; that is one thing that you can change without getting a new launcher :)
-
The one big thing I dislike about blur is the limit of four apps on the dock but I like the ability to group apps (which other launchers seem to lack). One minor thing I dislike about blur is the ughly icon used for apps :)

-
Other than that I've not seen what other launchers offer (though I'm open to new ways to use the phone). I picked up adw during google 10ct offer and tried zemus and nemus and go launcher but just didn't quite get the advantage.

Ok I'm biting how do u change it, because I like some of the blus features....

Upvote 0
You can change the buttons on the dock by either dragging a new function to the dock or long pressing the dock button and then setting what you want in that location. So you could move the app drawer to a different position by changing the current button to some other function and (if you want it on the dock) changing some other button to be the app drawer...

Ok I'm biting how do u change it, because I like some of the blus features....

Upvote 0
You can change the buttons on the dock by either dragging a new function to the dock or long pressing the dock button and then setting what you want in that location. So you could move the app drawer to a different position by changing the current button to some other function and (if you want it on the dock) changing some other button to be the app drawer...

Ok gonna figure it out thanks.
But man what I did see when I did that and picked settings
it gave me a bucnch of options to choose from.
Cool......

Upvote 0
You cannot drag things that are on the dock; but you can drag things that are not on the dock to the dock. Hum. Of course one odd thing about this behavior is you MUST have four apps on the dock. Weird.

Oh I see the issue; my mistake you cannot change the app dock. Another weirdness.

Ok. So blur has some weird restrictions. Given that you can get to apps via the menu key; I fail to see why the design forces app to be on the dock. Bleh.

Sorry about the mistake.

Its not letting me drag the app drawer

Upvote 0
You cannot drag things that are on the dock; but you can drag things that are not on the dock to the dock. Hum. Of course one odd thing about this behavior is you MUST have four apps on the dock. Weird.

Oh I see the issue; my mistake you cannot change the app dock. Another weirdness.

Ok. So blur has some weird restrictions. Given that you can get to apps via the menu key; I fail to see why the design forces app to be on the dock. Bleh.

Sorry about the mistake.

Thanks and thats ok we tried. But did learn some cool things about the settings button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones