• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home replacement suggestions

itype2slo

Nov 18, 2009
Alright Android users I need some help. After a year sabbatical from Android I picked up the Nexus. I have had it for a couple of days and I am to start doing a little customizing before I jump into rooting it.

My question lies in home replacement apps. I was a long time supporter of Launcher Pro, but it seems like the developer has dropped off giving the app the support it needs. So what are you guys using? ADW, Go Launcher, NOVA?

Do any of them offer the stock app drawer?

NOVA is my personal favorite since it was built directly from ICS source only for ICS phones. Keeping all the stock look/functionality while adding a ton of new options is just what i was looking for. I have always used ADW EX on my previous android devices, but i don't feel right using a launcher built for FroYo/Gingerbread on the GNex.

[APP] Nova Launcher Beta (ICS based) - xda-developers

Reactions: itype2slo
Upvote 0
I tried Nova, but didn't like the stutter when leaving the app tray back to the home screen. I keeps briefly magnifying the onscreen apps, then jerking back to the home screen. Not a smooth transition at all. You still can't alter the available home screens with it either. Someone please correct me if I'm "holding it wrong". :|

I noticed how it acts funny when you hit the home button while in the app screen but if you hit the back button it's smooth as silk.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones