• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home Screen randomly moves

Hi, I have my my HTC incredible for almost a month now and had found this thread a couple weeks ago, when my device started moving the screen randomly. I just hoped the problem would go away with a software update, but I tried resetting the device, testing under which applications it would occur and nothing could fix the issue, which was getting worse as days went by and making using the phone a torture.

The problem, in my case, was the plastic screen protector over the optical mouse. I finally decided to remove it due to what I had read in this thread, before giving up and bringing the device to Verizon, and since then the screen never moved randomly again.

Upvote 0
okay, i don't really want to make a new thread, as i'm not really experiencing the same issue, so i'll just post it here.

so normally you can flick through home screens very fast and without a shred of lag, it's very nice indeed.

but a while ago, i noticed that if the phone wasn't in my hand (on my bed) and i tried flicking through screens, it would hardly respond, and would regularly just open apps that my finger would pass over. as soon as i picked up the phone, the problem was gone. i repeated this probably 30 times before i posted here, just to be sure.

i can't imagine that anything is wrong with my phone... could it be interference from my bed?

Upvote 0
okay, i don't really want to make a new thread, as i'm not really experiencing the same issue, so i'll just post it here.

so normally you can flick through home screens very fast and without a shred of lag, it's very nice indeed.

but a while ago, i noticed that if the phone wasn't in my hand (on my bed) and i tried flicking through screens, it would hardly respond, and would regularly just open apps that my finger would pass over. as soon as i picked up the phone, the problem was gone. i repeated this probably 30 times before i posted here, just to be sure.

i can't imagine that anything is wrong with my phone... could it be interference from my bed?

Alot of people have found this as there are like 10 posts on the forums about it, its just a grounding issue, not all incredible have it apparently, you can read more at one of those posts, below is just one of them:

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/81106-incredible-grounding-flaw.html

Upvote 0
my first inc. did the screen drifting so i got it replace, partly because of that, and partly because the whole grounding issue had not yet been established. i have had the replacement for about 2 weeks and it is also doing the screen drifting, what is worse is that when typing a txt message the cursor will randomly move to the left causing me to type in the middle of the previous word... i hope it is just a dirty trackpad as i work in a kitchen and usually have somewhat greasy hands...

clean is my new motto, we'll see if it works.

Upvote 0
I was also having the random screen change. Very annoying. I was also having a charging issue where the phone said it was charging, but when I picked the phone up nothing had happened. Returned the phone today. Can't trust this phone anymore. I was already having doubt about the build quality of the phone with the cheaper plastics. Can't get another one until June 20th due to back order according to customer service. I think I might just wait for the Droid Shadow at this rate.

Upvote 0
I had my phone replaced due to this issue. It was absolutely clear to me when I get the new phone that the problem WAS with the joystick. The old phone's (that was having this issue) joystick was solidly stuck and didn't have any give or wiggle to it. The new phone's (that has never had this issue) joystick has some play or wiggle. I'd call VZW and request a replacement, let them know that others have had this replaced due to this issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones