• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Honeycomb boots on the NI.

HC (yes, HC!!!) - SlateDroid.com

3BYku.jpg

Reactions: xmr405o
Upvote 0
Even the CEO Rohan Shravan posted a congrats to their devs for porting honeycomb on the Adam. Very good news for Adamites. :D

TS out

I totally agree. This actually might be good news for Folio 100 and Vega owners too! I'm waiting for the GB release for the Adam. Hopefully NI has more pull with Nvidia so we can actually get real drivers for the gtablet.

Upvote 0
It now seems that Rohit Rathi (Co-Founder & CTO of Notion Ink Design Labs) has made a very generous donation towards the bounty for the following items to make Honeycomb work on the Adam.

All in $USD
$240.00 for Video (accelerated graphics) working HDMI, Multi-touch / Touch Screen Accuracy
$070.00 for WiFi: B/G (equal functionality to froyo roms)
$060.00 for Camera (full resolution)
$050.00 for 3G (data)
$050.00 for Sound (speaker, headset, HDMI)
$030.00 for Automount (sd-card)

For full info see this link.

Now, I do not ever recall any CEO or Co-Founder of any company ever doing this. But knowing the dev community, they will be successful. And with the company co-founder offering financial incentive, i see this happening sooner than later.

I wish them success.

TS

Reactions: xmr405o
Upvote 0
It now seems that Rohit Rathi (Co-Founder & CTO of Notion Ink Design Labs) has made a very generous donation towards the bounty for the following items to make Honeycomb work on the Adam.

All in $USD
$240.00 for Video (accelerated graphics) working HDMI, Multi-touch / Touch Screen Accuracy
$070.00 for WiFi: B/G (equal functionality to froyo roms)
$060.00 for Camera (full resolution)
$050.00 for 3G (data)
$050.00 for Sound (speaker, headset, HDMI)
$030.00 for Automount (sd-card)

For full info see this link.

Now, I do not ever recall any CEO or Co-Founder of any company ever doing this. But knowing the dev community, they will be successful. And with the company co-founder offering financial incentive, i see this happening sooner than later.

I wish them success.

TS

That's crazy! Big ups to the CEO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones