• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Honeycomb - Deletion of Holiday Snaps

slm020

Jan 27, 2010
London
Hi,

I have an issue whereby I cut / pasted all my holiday snaps and videos from my Asus Transformer tablet's internal SD-Card onto my PC. For some reason, 80% of all snaps got corrupt, which means now they are no longer on the tablet, nor on the PC.

As the Transformer only links to the PC in MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) mode, it isn't possible to run a recovery app.

The Gallery app still has full size images in it's cache.

I am thinking that hopefully there are two feasible solutions to my issue, the first which would be preferable would be a way to mount the tablet as Mass Storage and run a recovery program or recover the images from the cache however I can't find any info on mounting it differently from MTP.

or

Manipulating the cache and restoring the photos from there however I don't know where, or how the cache stores files. I do know that I cannot click on the full sized in app (no longer existent) photo and share via email/bluetooth etc as I would have done had the photo actually been there.

Does anyone have any clues whatsoever as to how I can recover any of my pictures? I have 4 scuba dives worth of fantastic underwater scenes that I would just hate to lose!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones