• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Honor 6X alerts?

Douglas Rome

Feb 24, 2017
We just got this phone paid Amazon $250. The phone is Linda's
I just help her with it, she's 69 and I'm 71 we're a little slow with
these things, Linda is worse than me. Back to the subject, we use
TracFone, Linda's old phone a LG dumb phone, when a text message
comes in it plays an alert ~ every minute until you view the text. This
6X plays an alert once, when the text comes in and that's it. If you
don't happen to hear it the first time you never know you got a new message.
Is there any way to activate continuous alerts? thanks, douglas

I looked in the settings for Android but it doesn't seem there is an option for recurring notifications any more. I'm pretty sure this existed at one point.

However, you can download an app that will accomplish what you want. One of these options is called LightFlow and you can download it here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflowlite

Download this and see if you can configure the settings desired. Let us know!

Upvote 0
I installed LightFlow and it doesn't work. I still only get
the single initial alert. thanks, douglas
I think you need to paid version of Lightflow, and in there you can configure it to repeat notifications.
Screenshot_20170227-122308.png

Reactions: Rob and andMego
Upvote 0
A couple things. Your town has a good name. I found out a few things.
The sound you chose on your 6x overrides the chosen sound bite on
LightFlow. Most important, how do I get back to the screen you posted
above? For the life of me, I can't find it. LightFlow talks a lot about LED,
what is LED? The only reason for us to use LightFlow is to activate text
message alerts. Yesterday I sent 15 test texts, got mixed results. Sometimes
it worked fine but more often than not it failed. That's why I need to get back to
that screen, I need to make some changes. Thanks, douglas

Upvote 0
To get back to the screen I showed, tap on the notification you want to control, then swipe left to move from screen to screen until you get to the one I showed.

LED is a Light Emitting Diode. It is the little dot that blinks when you have a new email, missed phone call, or other alert you phone is configured to notify you with. Lightflow was originally created to allow users to customize the colors the light blinked, so the user could decide to have it blink purple for text messages, green for email, red for low battery, and whatever other apps they wished to configure. When it was created there was no good way (and there still isn't) to customize this. As such, it it still the central part of the app.

It has evolved into allowing users to customize all aspects of notifications, such all allowing you to make an audible alert repeat.

As far as the system sound overriding the one set in Lightflow, this is handled differently by manufacturers and is a persitant annoyance with Android. You may be able to make this work better by going into your phone's settings Settings | Accessibility (this menu may be under advanced) | and turn on the Light Flow service. Another option is in the Light Flow app on the first screen that comes up choose notification settings and follow the instructions on that page. This should configure your phone to let Light Flow control notifications so it isn't conflicting with the system settings.

Upvote 0
Click the word spoiler after each instruction to see the image.

On this screen choose "notification Settings"

Screenshot_20170301-141029.png
On the next screen choose the notification you want ot change and tap the three dots on the right end.

Screenshot_20170301-142107.png
Choose settings in the pop up menu:
Screenshot_20170301-141834.png

Swipe left (drag your finger from the right side of the screen to the left) until the top says to repeat notifications. I think it is 6 times.

Screenshot_20170301-141846.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones