• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hotmail and Enhanced Email setup sIII iCloud and Charter settings

Look.....your situation is a pretty specific one. Not saying it's not very important to YOU but the ability to rapid fire 5 pictures at once and then another 5 pictures 2 seconds later and you're not sure what is being sent or not........that is a very specific complaint. Are the pictures actually NOT getting through at all, or is it just that you are impatient and don't want to or can't wait a minute to get the sync on the sent folder? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your major beef with the app.

I think the Hotmail app works much better than the stock ICS email app....the fonts on the overall screen aren't gigantic like the stock, there are nice little check boxes where you can click click click and then hit DELETE or MARK READ or MARK UNREAD all at once, it works for HMTL email viewing, and it syncs properly. Yes, I have successfully sent attached pictures from mine on multiple occasions. So to say "it does not work well at all" is mis-information to all the people on here that might be considering it as an option......

Hi all and thanks for trying,
but the official hotmail app does not work the way it should ,and if you did use it, like I do, you would know, and like me, stop using it.

Yes I wait and wait for the emails to go thru, BUT THEY DO OR NOT (more not when sending photos 4 or 5 at a time)!

Im glad that this microcrap app SEEMS to work for you, but it does not.

I need these to go thru, EVERY TIME without worrying or calling the person to see if they received them.

When i'm in an email I should not have to hit the menu key to get to the delete key EVERY TIME.

I still can't remember what the last problem was (nor do I care at the moment).

But everyone has choice and I am just expressing the problems with the hotmail app.

Again I have tried many (tho I should not have to, the built in samsung email app should do everything perfect, my email app for my Motorola Zoom works perfect and so should samsung, but instead samsung decided to screw us, yes the samsung email app works but no way efficient)

Hotmail app works great for me. If you want to send multiple photos, perhaps use their skydrive method where you upload your pics & hotmail creates a secure link to the photo album. But yes, hotmail app is only for email extensions of hotmail.com, live.com, & now their new email outlook.com.

Thanks, but it would not be efficient for me, I take the pictures on the road and need to sent them ASAP to my boss.

Again Thank You both!!!

Upvote 0
Hi all and thanks for trying,
but the official hotmail app does not work the way it should ,and if you did use it, like I do, you would know, and like me, stop using it.

Yes I wait and wait for the emails to go thru, BUT THEY DO OR NOT (more not when sending photos 4 or 5 at a time)!

Im glad that this microcrap app SEEMS to work for you, but it does not.

I need these to go thru, EVERY TIME without worrying or calling the person to see if they received them.

When i'm in an email I should not have to hit the menu key to get to the delete key EVERY TIME.

I still can't remember what the last problem was (nor do I care at the moment).

But everyone has choice and I am just expressing the problems with the hotmail app.

Again I have tried many (tho I should not have to, the built in samsung email app should do everything perfect, my email app for my Motorola Zoom works perfect and so should samsung, but instead samsung decided to screw us, yes the samsung email app works but no way efficient)

Thanks, but it would not be efficient for me, I take the pictures on the road and need to sent them ASAP to my boss.

Again Thank You both!!!

Yes it's a free country so I hope you find the solution you're looking for. I have no idea what you're talking about on the Delete function....there is a box beside each email and you check the box and at the bottom you can press "Delete" or you could also do Mark Read or Mark Unread.

Note to all other "typical users" who just want to read and write emails, delete them, etc.......Hotmail app works fine and you should at least try it as an option before you go pay for something like Touchdown.

Upvote 0
Hi all, I use a note 2 phone and note 8 and note 10.1 but my wife still has the Siii, but I updated the first post with hotmail / outlook.com IMAP support that I am now switching to, I had tried a month ago and it had problems but now is working great!!

I also am now switching to aquamail (FREE in the app store), I will be getting the pro for it tho.

Best of luck!!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones