• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How can I change avd directory

wangsuya

Lurker
Feb 18, 2010
Dear everyone

I installed Android at C drive, but avd automately installed on windows directory. because my windows directory have kanji, maybe this prblem emulator can not start up. SDK Setup.exe could not success,too. Who can tell me how can change avd directory to other place. Thanks in advance.

Dear everyone

I installed Android at C drive, but avd automately installed on windows directory. because my windows directory have kanji, maybe this prblem emulator can not start up. SDK Setup.exe could not success,too. Who can tell me how can change avd directory to other place. Thanks in advance.

I have this issue as well. I can hope there is a command line argument or something to create the avd in the directory of my choosing.

Our sysadmins put all of our home directories on a server over a unc path... AVD wont start.

Assistance appreciated. :) TIA.

Upvote 0
The first think I do is set the path and point it to the directory so it doesn't matter where I am.

From Windows:

1. Click Start and choose Control Panel
  2. In the Search box on the top right of the window type “system path” (no quotes)
  3. Click “Edit the system environment variables”
  4. The Advanced tab of the System Properties dialog box is shown. Click the Environment Variables button on the bottom right.
  5. In the lower box titled “System Variables” scroll down to Path and click the Edit button.
  6. Change your path as need be.
  7. Restart your system. Vista didn’t pick up the system path environment variable change until I restarted.

Upvote 0
I have sucessfully installed SDK on my Parallels version of Windows but have come up against a problem with the AVD manager. The AVDs are stored on my Mac home folder and referred to as "\\psf\Home\.android\avd". They are indeed there as I can navigate to them from within windows. However, whenever I try to launch an AVD I get the message "Starting emulator for AVD 'Emulator1' PANIC: Could not open: C:\Users\Administrator\.android/avd/Emulator1.ini" (I note the change of direction in the slash keys) Is this a known bug and can I change the directory where the AVDs are stored? Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
I have sucessfully installed SDK on my Parallels version of Windows but have come up against a problem with the AVD manager. The AVDs are stored on my Mac home folder and referred to as "\\psf\Home\.android\avd". They are indeed there as I can navigate to them from within windows. However, whenever I try to launch an AVD I get the message "Starting emulator for AVD 'Emulator1' PANIC: Could not open: C:\Users\Administrator\.android/avd/Emulator1.ini" (I note the change of direction in the slash keys) Is this a known bug and can I change the directory where the AVDs are stored? Thanks in advance

I ran across this link after viewing this thread. Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones