• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I share Android apps with other family members?

R

raph_7

I'm curious how could a family share apps, or if it is possible. I did some googling, and found snippets of advice here and there, though some of it is outdated.

In particular, I'm interested in sharing kid's games. I don't find it makes sense to have to buy a game on all the devices of a husband, wife, and grandparents just to have the game available to play when the husband is GPSing his phone, wife is typing an email, etc. I mean, do you buy a PS4 for all 3 children and buy 3 copies of GTA5 for a single family?

But at the same time, personal phone data can't be shared (such as emails), so is there a solution?

I've pondered a solution of creating a master account that can be shared with the family, and each device can add that account. Will such an idea be viable on Android 4.4?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones