• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how do i add microsoft word / excel or open office?

I am a new user of motorola milestone droid. I cant seem to figure out the following:

1. How do i add word/excel (or open office)

2. When i added my games. it all added in the gray page (where all my applications are) at the same time I added it on the fast access screen. Is there a way that i can delete them in my gray page? The gray page I am talking about is the page that pops up when you click the arrow shown at the bottom page of the screen.

3. How can i add 'notes' application?

4. is there really a maximum of 3 pages? to add applications to the wall?

thanks. i hope you guys can help me how to do these things step-by-step

I am a new user of motorola milestone droid. I cant seem to figure out the following:

Lots of learning for you I think. If I were you I would start with the manual.

Here are answers to your questions.

1. How do i add word/excel (or open office)

You can install Quick Office from the Market. There is no MS Office or Open Office for Android, this is not Windows.

2. When i added my games. it all added in the gray page (where all my applications are) at the same time I added it on the fast access screen. Is there a way that i can delete them in my gray page? The gray page I am talking about is the page that pops up when you click the arrow shown at the bottom page of the screen.

This place is called application drawer and no, you cannot delete stuff from there.

3. How can i add 'notes' application?

Open the application drawer (gray place) and open Market, press the Menu button and click Search. Search for Notes and/ or notepad. I can recomment AK Notepad myself.

4. is there really a maximum of 3 pages? to add applications to the wall?

Press the Menu button>Settings>Sound & display settins>Number of home panels. You can choose up to 9.

thanks. i hope you guys can help me how to do these things step-by-step

Hope my answers were simple enough.

Upvote 0
thank you very much! its a great help!

With regards to open office, when you say get it from the market - it means there is no free download of the application?

PS i've read the manual :) but these things are not in there...

I do not think there is a free version in the Market. I think that your Milestone should have a copy of Quick Office by default. It does not allow editing documents, but only viewing them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones