• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I delete an alarm on my S7? (android 6.01)

plnelson

Aug 21, 2010
sss7.png
I have a Galaxy S7 running Android 6.01. The default clock app has an alarm clock feature and I can't figure out how to delete an alarm.

The alarm display has an alarm clock icon on the left, the time in the middle, then the date, and a little "x" in the upper-right corner. Tapping any part of this, including the "x" brings up a setting screen where you can set the days, the snooze options, the volume, the alarm name etc. Setting no specific days makes the alarm go off on all the days. Long-pressing the alarm display does nothing.

N.B. that if I have MORE THAN ONE alarm set then tapping the "x" in the upper right corner does delete each alarm except the last one. In other words, if I have three alarms set I can delete two of them. But I don't want to have any alarms set.

Last edited:
Dunno, works for me, the x deletes any alarms including only one.

That alarm in your screeny isn't set though, it's not active, so it won't go off.

So try enabling the alarm first so the clock icon is highlighted in blue and its active, then tap the x.

On mine it doesn't matter i can delete any alarm whether it's active or not, so above is just a stab in the dark.

Upvote 0
Dunno, works for me, the x deletes any alarms including only one.

That alarm in your screeny isn't set though, it's not active, so it won't go off.

So try enabling the alarm first so the clock icon is highlighted in blue and its active, then tap the x.

On mine it doesn't matter i can delete any alarm whether it's active or not, so above is just a stab in the dark.

What do you mean by enabling or disabling it?

( Just to make sure we're using the same default, Samsung S7 clock app, the version of the app is 6.0.59 )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones