• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do i prevent Google Now from showing external links?

Double44

Jan 15, 2013
I've recently been using Google Now and i really like the instant information. However I don't like browsing internet on my phone, i prefer getting what i need through apps only.

Is there any way to remove the Google links that shows up after the voice search? I'm afraid I'm accidentally gonna tap on one of them and be directed to some malicious site. Also, what exactly prevents Google Now from misinterpreting your voice and directing the web browser to a malicious site?

I have Chrome disabled as a precaution, however the Lastpass browser (which i do not use) will still redirect me. I can't disable Lastpass because i use it for other purposes.

In answer to your question, I don't know, sorry.
I wouldn't worry about being directed to Google search results tbh, they can do your phone no harm.
Even if you stumbled upon a site trying to put malware on your device, you'd have to physically tap the install button on a pop up page on your phone for the villains to have any kinda control of your phone :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones