• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I root Moto Edge 20 Pro (2021)

I want to root my Moto Edge 20 Pro 2021 (XT2153-1 pstar) since Motorola has ended regular updates for the device. How do I root my device though? I believe I need a custom recovery to install Magisk, and I don't really know or trust any web results so far. TWRP is the only custom recovery I know of, but they never developed one for this model.

I want to root my Moto Edge 20 Pro 2021 (XT2153-1 pstar) since Motorola has ended regular updates for the device. How do I root my device though? I believe I need a custom recovery to install Magisk, and I don't really know or trust any web results so far. TWRP is the only custom recovery I know of, but they never developed one for this model.
not sure on @Dannydet's link, if that is for your exact model.

but i did find this:

its for lineage os and it comes with its own custom recovery. this one is specifically for your model. please read the instructions fully before attempting to root the device. and ask any questions here if you have them.

Upvote 0
......also make sure you have a new or backup phone, just in case something goes wrong when you root your Motorola
Nah don't need to go to that lengths. I rooted phones and never had a backup phone. The main thing is to do your research first. And read, read, read, and then read some more.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones