• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I transfer media from PC?

Missmiracle

Lurker
Dec 26, 2012
Hi all.

I got a new phone for Christmas, after being with BlackBerry for two years. My new phone is the Sony Xperia J.

I've read the related threads here on the forum, but still can't figure out how to transfer media from my laptop to my phone.

I've connected my phone with the USB, and the notification window states 'Internal Storage and SD card connected to PC', but after that, I've no clue what to do.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Reactions: krazyasif786
Open My Computer on your PC, your phone will appear there as a media storage. You can drag and drop your media files into it with that. Or you can use Sony's PC Companion software.

Do as he says ... Just to add to that ... If I have pictures then I make a picture folder on the phone, same with wallpapers, movies etc.

Just Open my computer and on windows 7 it usually shows under media storage .... normally when you connect your phone you get a little pop up ... I usually click the 'Open/View Files' Option .... its the same thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones