• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How Do I Transfer Playlists from One Android to Another?

Bagrov

Lurker
Sep 22, 2022
I am switching from my Redmi Note 9 Pro back to my Samsung Galaxy S9+ and I want to carry over all of my playlists. I'm using Mi Music and Samsung Music. I have over 3,000 songs and I don't want to have to go through all of them any put them all into playlists (again) if I can avoid it. I've tried many things but it's not nearly as easy as it should be. All of my music and playlists are downloaded to the phone and SD card directly as MP3 files directly into the music app.

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can give me.

Transferring playlists from one Android device to another can be a bit tricky, but there are a few ways to do it. One option is to use a music app that allows you to export and import playlists, such as Google Play Music or Spotify.

To transfer playlists using Google Play Music, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Google Play Music app on your old device and select the playlist you want to transfer.
  2. Tap the three dots icon in the top right corner of the screen and select "Export playlist."
  3. Choose a location to save the file, such as your Google Drive or Dropbox account.
  4. On your new device, open the Google Play Music app and go to "Settings."
  5. Select "Import playlist" and choose the file you exported from your old device.
If you're using a different music app, check if it has a similar export/import feature. Alternatively, you can use a third-party app such as "Musconvtool" to transfer your playlists between devices.

I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones