• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do to change message tone on Samsung Galaxy S Captivate

I have this phone.and can not find any way to put in my OWN NOTIFICATION sounds? (text). It keeps going back to the default sound. Samsung finally got back to me and said" you can not add your own Notification sound on this phone". I think this is stupid and wrong. Captivate is such a nice Android phone and one Should be able to put in your own sounds for like receiving text messages. @ KritikSS: are you saying for every contact I'd have to go through and set that sound for each? and this will be a sound then for Texts?--not a ringtone?

Upvote 0
i'm on gingerbread 2.3.3, so I don't know if this will work with stock 2.2(froyo), but....go into your text message app (not into one of the actual messages themselves) where you would select the option to create. hit menu>settings>select ringtone (all the way at the bottom), and you can select a ringtone that you downloaded or copied to your sd card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones