• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you access android app folders from a windows pc

dsdsdsdsd

Apr 2, 2011
I have a htc desire 500 with android 4.1.2. I have Vines app installed, and I want to access the Vines app folder ... from my winXP.

The most common suggestion that I have come across (via google), is to set my phone to MTP, but on my android I do not seem to have an option for MTP mode, but rather I have: HTC Synch Manager and USB Networking ... I have toyed with all of the options therein.

On my winXP I have downloaded HTC Sync Manager, but it basically only gives me access to some pictures and videos.

Also, I am able to see device "HTC Desire 500 dual sim" in my Winows Explorer (adjacent to my C:\ drive), but it basically only gives me access to some pictures and videos. You can see the directories that I am able to access in the screenshot.

But I am looking for access to app directories, specifically the Vines app.

here is a screenshot of what I see when I access the htc via my windows explorer. It is giving some access, but primarily picture galleries.

It seems like that inside the /Android/data/ folder I should be seeing a co.vine.android folder (based on what I have seen in how-to articles).

Attachments

• screenshot__htc_directories.jpg
    screenshot__htc_directories.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0
I attached a new screenshot that shows my pc's WindowsExplorer with the TWO htc directories.

I think the key might be the "memory card" directory that you mentioned. i have seen other discussions that suggested that (mass media storage). But currently I have not found the phone's memory card.

- Shannon

Attachments

• screenshot__windows__htc_directory.jpg
    screenshot__windows__htc_directory.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones