• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you check your texts when on a call?

Press the lock button on top of the phone until the screen lights up again.

Also after seeing some studies on cell phone radiation, I only talk on speaker phone.

Nice avatar..

Thanks but that didnt work. same result. any other suggestions? On my EVO when I pull the phone from my face the screen lights up and stays on until I put it back to my ear. Shouldnt the Incredible do this also? Not shut off after a second or two.

Upvote 0
I have noticed that while on a call and when trying to check my notifications or whatever, that the screen shuts off because of the proximity sensor. When I use my left hand and try to do this it usually shuts the screen off. Don't know if that helps you or not.

What I sometimes do is use the Home button to go to the home screen, the call is still active but the screen only shuts off when the phone app is in the foreground. Then you return to your call screen through the notification bar again.

Upvote 0
I have noticed that while on a call and when trying to check my notifications or whatever, that the screen shuts off because of the proximity sensor. When I use my left hand and try to do this it usually shuts the screen off. Don't know if that helps you or not.

What I sometimes do is use the Home button to go to the home screen, the call is still active but the screen only shuts off when the phone app is in the foreground. Then you return to your call screen through the notification bar again.

Thanks, I will give that a try. Just wondering why the proximity sensor works differently on this phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones