• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you eliminate a spam app?

shigglyboo

May 8, 2011
I'm not sure which app brought the spam with it, but there's an app on one of my desktop screens called "DROID App", and it's got a picture of two dice with the words "apps & games" written on it. If you open it the browser launches and takes you to"livemobile" something and then redirects to "partners.handango.com/smartphone/etc."

It's a total invasion, the app isn't listed in my applications list and I did not create the shortcut. I can delete the icon (no option to uninstall), but in a few days it'll come back. I think it may have come along with a taxi app I installed.

I'd like to figure out what app it is and uninstall it, then report the bastards. Anybody encountered this before?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones