• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you kill the OTA update notification??

Hi I know I'm in the minority here but I DON"T want Froyo!! As a former Eris owner who had to suffer through having my phone ruined by the 2.1 update, which is why i now have a droid, I'm not willing to let verizon/moto ruin another phone I'm very happy with now... Is there a way to kill the message that comes up notifying me of the update or do I just have to be annoyed by it??

thank you

Hi I know I'm in the minority here but I DON"T want Froyo!! As a former Eris owner who had to suffer through having my phone ruined by the 2.1 update, which is why i now have a droid, I'm not willing to let verizon/moto ruin another phone I'm very happy with now... Is there a way to kill the message that comes up notifying me of the update or do I just have to be annoyed by it??

thank you

without rooting I dont think that there is a way to get rid of it.

Upvote 0
Also something to think about, you are are going to root to disable the update you might as well just update since root will let you go back and forth between versions when ever you like.

This makes sense. If you do the OTA update and bone up your phone, Verizon will help fix it.

Root and bone up your phone........you're on your own.

Not really. People here will help.

Upvote 0
This makes sense. If you do the OTA update and bone up your phone, Verizon will help fix it.

Root and bone up your phone........you're on your own.

Not really. People here will help.

along with the fact that it is nearly impossible to brick a DROID.

sure, it might take hanging out at the forum for a day but isn't that still faster than 2-3 weeks waiting for Verizon to wrap up your ticket?

also when they bring it in the back to "fix" it they do the same thing we do :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones