• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you Sign Out of Email???

nickw511

Sep 2, 2010
NC
This is driving me crazy...I am trying to find an email program I like, but the problem now is I'm currently signed into K9, Gmail, and Email....for the life of me I cannot find a way to SIGN OUT of any of them!??

I have different email accounts, and I know some programs allow combining emails, but I just simply want to get some of these accounts off the phone!

Thanks in advance!

In the Gmail app, you can't remove the default account for your phone so you have to disable gmail sync via phone settings > accounts. You can the delete the messages in the Gmail client by clearing cache/data for Gmail (and Gmail storage if your phone has that) in phone settings > applications > manage applications

For Email and K9 apps you can long press the account to delete them. If using POP3 you don't have to delete the account, just turn off polling.

Reactions: nickw511
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones