• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How is marshmallow working for you?

The only issue I've noticed is that my phone now does not remember the connection mode is MTP when I connect it to my computer. It connects in a charge only mode, as I do not see the stored files.
I have to go into the USB Configuration and tap on MTP (which is already selected). It's like the phone does not remember to go into this mode each time I reconnect it.
That is true - I saw the same thing on my N6 as well (the one time that I connected after fastboot). I don't remember the last time I connected my phone to my PC for any simple file transfer - I just use the portal app - fast & simple transfer over LAN ;)

Upvote 0
I got the OTA late last night, installed it and went to bed. Didn't really fuss with the phone until some time in the middle of the day today. We use Lotus Notes at work, and the IBM Verse software that accesses the Notes server is borked. It syncs and will display a list of messages, but every time I click on a message Verse crashes and the phone wants to send a crash report. I sent one, but I think at this point my work email won't be working on my phone for a while. I am off until Monday, so I'll have to try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps.

I just checked the play store, and I see similar reports showing up in the recent reviews, so it's not just me.

~Gary

Same issue here. Replying to email crashes the app. Also, trying to launch a phone call from the calendar crashes the app. Really frustrating since the improved battery life and overall smoothness of Marshmallow makes me not want to go back to 5.1.1. I hope they upgrade the app soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones