• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How is VLINGO?

I have been using Tell2Me to read my text messages. It is a great application but since 2.2 it is somewhat unreliable. I installed VLINGO. I added the widget and am highly impressed. I am also running SVOX Classic (much better TTS Voice than stock).

It works great on Droid X (running leaked SBF and Tranq 3.0).

Upvote 0
I have Settings Profile. I even posted a question about this in their google group (no response). Which item do you pick to run? does it kill it? I couldn't get it to work right.

I can't look at the phone now, but under Rules - I set it to Run the VLingo car app when my Car Mode profile launches - and then I set it to Kill on exit

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if it is possible to use Vlingo with my Exchange e-mail? I have it set up with my gMail, but that is mostly junk mail. It would be more useful to me if I could respond to work e-mails by voice.

I would say it's doubtful but you could check the Vlingo web site to make sure if you want. Exchange is a completely different service than imap or pop3 email.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones