• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How many waiting for Ultimate DroidX?

Why do people hate blur so much? It seems to me like the contact stuff, dialer and social media stuff is a lot nicer. Also don't non-blur break things like HotSpot and tethering?

Not trying to start anything. I am new to root/roms and just trying to ed-u-cate myself.

its not that we hate it its that its very trying on our system it slows down the entire thing making us performance users not like it, many people do like it i am not one of those people

Upvote 0
The phone, even with Blur, will look like it runs pretty smoothly. With the Blur removed, you notice a slightly faster snap to everything (panning through screens, opening apps, switching between apps, etc.). Beyond that, some people simply just care way too much about their Quadrant benchmark scores.. if you've ever overclocked your computer before, you'd quickly realize how little of weight the synthetic scores truly hold.

Personally, I like these ROMs simply because they remove things I don't need (bloatware, Blur, etc.) and add a few extra features that are useful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones