• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How Much Internal Memory Do You Keep Free?

Are you running GV at the moment? If so, could you run a terminal emulator and try the command "df -k /cache"?

What I find is that with GV df doesn't recognise the -k argument, or indeed any argument - it just responds that there is no such file or directory as "-k". The problem is that the 06mountdl scripts uses the output of this command to determine the size of the cache partition (the -k being there to override any defaults and specify the block size things should be reported in), so if the command fails the script will not recognise a small cache.

I'm going to follow this up on the GV thread...

Upvote 0
True, but I could have even more without changing ROM if I could get that working :)

Seems the difference between the 2 commands is toolbox vs busybox. Have posted a longish description/question at XDA, so will see whether this is something Richard feels worth addressing.

Can always hack my own phone (or the script), but it would be more elegant if GV had the same functionality here as CM7 or Redux.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones