• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to block an incoming number

There is an app called CallBlocker but it requires the phone to be rooted. If the number your blocking is a contact can't you choose to block their number from the contact window?

- Theres also FY Receptionist and GBlocker, but reading reviews of these doesn't make them sound too useful.

yes im trying to block a contact but dont know how to do it

Upvote 0
For those of you using android 2.1 (others may work I just happen to have this version on my Samsung Captivate) go to settings -> call settings -> all calls -> auto reject. Enable auto reject then click auto reject list. Here you can enter the number manually by going to the menu or you can select from contacts or call log. Enjoy the silence http://androidforums.com/images/icons/droids/tongue.gif

Upvote 0
on android 2.2 i could block callers by long-tapping callers from the call-log, then tapping "block caller".

on android 2.3 i have to do it like this:
- wait until caller hangs up
- go to call log
- long-tap caller, select "add to contacts", i'm calling him/her "spammer01"
- long-tap caller (now contact), select "view contact"
- hit menu button on phone (most likely left-below display)
- select "options"
- check "incoming calls - block incoming calls directly"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones