• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to cast from a chromebook

corvairbob

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
ok today i got from ebay a cast dongle a Miracast Chromecast 2 Digital HDMI Media Video Streamer 3nd Generation 2017. it does show on the tv and i see the wifi on the book but if i connect to that wifi signal then i can't cast from the book. i can cast from the book to a chromecast dongle but this is not a chromecast dongle and all the questions i asked about this working with the chromebook said it does. in part it does as stated i can log onto it but then i lose the chromebook info.

i went to the play store and looked at airplay and it wound up on my phone and i have a bunch of them on the phone, problem is they are not on the book only chromecast. this dongle is not seen by chromecast app.

anyone happen to have an app that loads on the chromebook and will let me cast to my this dongle that is connected to my tv. thains a bunch

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones