• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to change screenlock wallpaper back to default?

b253tn

Mar 8, 2023
I have a onn.7 Tablet Gen 3
Does anyone know how I can change the screenlock wallpaper photo back to the default screenlock photo?
When I go to "Settings" > "Display" > "Wallpaper" it only gives the option to change the main screen background wallpaper and the "default wallpaper" photos only changes the main screen wallpaper, not the lockscreen wallpaper
Thanks

The process for changing the screen lock wallpaper back to the default can vary depending on the operating system and device you are using. I'll provide instructions for a few common operating systems:

Android:​

1. Open the "Settings" app on your Android device.
  2. Navigate to "Display" or "Wallpaper" settings.
  3. Look for an option related to the lock screen wallpaper. This may be under "Lock screen" or "Screen lock."
  4. Choose the option to change the wallpaper or select a new image.
  5. Look for a "Default" or "System" option to set the wallpaper back to the default.
Keep in mind that the exact steps might differ slightly depending on the device and the version of Android you are using.

iOS (iPhone or iPad):​

1. Open the "Settings" app on your iOS device.
  2. Go to "Wallpaper."
  3. Select "Choose a New Wallpaper."
  4. Under the "Stills" or "Live" section, you may find the default wallpapers.
  5. Choose the default wallpaper you want to set.

Windows:​

1. Right-click on an empty area of your desktop and select "Personalize."
  2. In the left sidebar, choose "Lock screen."
  3. Under the "Background" dropdown, select "Windows spotlight," "Picture," or "Slideshow."
  4. To set it back to the default, choose "Windows spotlight" or "Picture" and select one of the default options provided.

macOS:​

1. Click on the Apple menu and choose "System Preferences."
  2. Select "Desktop & Screen Saver."
  3. Click on the "Desktop" tab.
  4. Choose a default wallpaper from the list on the left.

Linux (Ubuntu as an example):​

1. Open "Settings."
  2. Navigate to the "Background" or "Wallpaper" section.
  3. Choose the default wallpaper from the available options.
Keep in mind that the steps may vary based on the specific Linux distribution you are using.

If you provide more details about your device's operating system, I can offer more specific instructions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones