1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to Delete an Obsolete Email from a Contact

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Susanbee749, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Susanbee749

Susanbee749 Newbie

Honestly, this shouldn't be this frigging difficult. All I want to do is to update the email address for a contact. The person's email address has changed but the phone # is the same. Is it really necessary to delete the whole contact and re-enter everything? When I bring up the contact and click on the pencil icon to edit it, it doesn't even show the old email address. It allows me to add a new one, but the old one is still there.
    Help!!

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Are you familiar with copy / paste on Android?
    Long press on the new email address, choose copy, open your contacts app, choose edit, scroll to the existing email address, long press, and paste, then save

MrJavi and puppykickr like this.
  3. A bochur

A bochur Android Enthusiast

Where does the old email address show up? If it's in the gmail app then that's not connected to your contacts app and do you'd have to delete it using gmail and not contacts.

4. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Android Enthusiast

OK heres the deal. Go to contact tap Edit, then at the very top of the screen if there is two (2) "Google" !!!!!! Edit the one on the right also!!!!
    This is how to get rid of old numbers too with multiple gmail accounts

I see have been missed. :)

#4 sonicbluemustang, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020

Samsung Galaxy S10e Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10e release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 16MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 3100mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews