• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to delete PEEP - noobie

thebrenda

Lurker
Jun 28, 2010
Just got my verizon Incredible. It came with some applicaitons on the home screen (Peep) that I want to delete. When I do a long hold on it and drag it to the Garbage can it does not delete from the home screen. After trying it again, I must have accidentally dropped into a folder that was created on my home page to hold documents of mine. So ...

1) how do I get peep hopefully off my system, but at least off my home screen
2) how do I edit the FOLDER on my home screen to remove peep?

thanks

You have to root to remove it from your phone. To get it off your homescreen...

Press + Hold the icon and drag it to the bottom (remove) or just select remove.

I'd suggest 1) Hitting menu on your homescren, select scenes, clean slate and start fresh, 2) head over to the tips/tricks section...has a ton of shortcuts, features about the phone

Since you are on a fresh DINC, here are, IMO, the must-have apps

Bardcode Scanner - benefits are, if you have Chrome you can get the QR Code Extensions so you can create a QR code for any website and head straight to it on your phone, plus it integrates with App Referrer and many other Apps

Astro File Manager - the only real way to navigate your folders

Handcent - IMO the best SMS client

Google Voice - I'll let the videos over at google.com/voice explain its awesomeness

Glad to have another DINC owner in the house, you will love it

Upvote 0
First off, Welcome aboard!......

Now, as for removing it from your home screen, just hold the icon until the green box appears then just drag it to the bottom of the screen where is reads "Remove."

If you moved the Peep icon into a folder on your homescreen just open said folder and do the same as listed above. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
1. Will the SMS still show up in HTC Sense SMS widget/app and in the contact message history?
2. Do our SMS get rerouted through the company that provides this app? privacy issue. (I am still wary of apps from companies I have never heard of before)

1. Yes. I'm assuming your asking about whether or not this will add to the amount of data being used by messages, not sure if it duplicates or replicates the message.

2. No idea, but are you any more comfortable with HTC developers reading your messages? I'm not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones