• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to do this, focus just to some apps : Always directly opening Recents Apps/Overview

rangmu

Lurker
May 22, 2022
On my android phone, i only using 5 apps, that always opening (one app at a time)
Another apps is not used & just distraction

After lock screen opened, i need directly opening Recents Apps/Overview like example screenshot below

screenshot.jpg

So only need 2 steps to it:
Click Power Button > Open Lock Screen

Instead ordinary way, 3 steps :
Click Power Button > Open Lock Screen > Click Recents Apps/Overview button

If using an app, what app that might can do it? I already search but cant found one yet

If using launcher, which one that might can do it?

Or another way

For any android mobile brands, specially above year 2020

Last edited:
The request for recent Android devices is interesting, since that's clearly a very old one in your screenshot (I've not seen that style of recent apps screen for many years). This is relevant because the current style of recents screen only shows 1 app at a time (with little bits of the previous and following visible to the sides) where you scroll left/right to switch apps, so fairly different from this.

I don't know the answer, and suspect there isn't one. The recent apps screen is a system feature. If you wrote your own launcher you could probably arrange for it to open that rather than a home screen (I presume that if you are using one of these apps and the screen times out you would wish to return to that app on unlocking, rather than go to this whenever you unlock regardless). But I can't think of any launcher that does this. That doesn't mean one doesn't exist, as I've not tried every launcher out there, but it is to be honest a pretty niche feature request.

Wouldn't a simpler solution just be to have a single home screen for your device with these 5 app icons on it? That would have the same effect, you open the device and you have buttons for those 5 apps and nothing else (though you'd get no preview of what they were doing). Or just put those 5 in the dock?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones