• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[HOW TO] Download and install Netflix 1.3 (Updated 7/20/11) NO MORE GREEN BAR!

If you go to Manage Applications, does it actually say 1.2.2? I installed it and it says 1.2.1 and I have the wonderful green bar and things.

If you really have 1.2.2 and no green bar, let me know which download link you used so I can try again.

Thanks.
It is 1.2.2 but there is still the green bar. I can deal with it but what I can't deal with is out of sync audio. It's weird how 1.3 worked for me for a couple days and then I had the problem but oh well.

Upvote 0
Ok, I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it, I still don't get video just audio. So I tried youtube and I'm finding the same thing sometimes it won't play at all and sometimes it's just audio. Video on Aljazeera works as does CNN news videos. Anybody have any ideas?
Are you rooted? If so what rom are you using?

Upvote 0
Are you rooted? If so what rom are you using?

No it's not rooted at all (I wouldn't dare, not saavy enough to do that), I used the previous apk and it was fine then one day no video and that's when I started searching for an update. My daughters still works though. For youtube I turned off HQ and it worked. It's weird because the newer version apk 1.3 worked but with the audio sync issues, the video was crystal clear. I called VM customer service and mentioned youtube and they suggested switching the phone out. Oh I should note it didn't work over wifi either, so maybe it is an issue with the phone. Since my screen got scratched I may just go ahead and switch it and see if that's a fix.

Upvote 0
I'm getting this as well. The Netflix loading screen comes up for a couple of seconds then goes to a white screen.

A reboot should fix that.

PS - Rioting is really easy if you use Gingerbreak. Then you'd want to flash the optimus one recovery in Rom Manager. then download aosp, then flash back to optimus v and install... There are guides on how to do this all over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones