• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Format your internal/external storage w/out factory resetting your device!

D

Deleted User

com.palmtronix.shreddit.v1.jpg

This thread will discuss about how you can format your internal & external storage without the use of factory resetting your device via pc or phone.

1st things first lets get your device setup for this process, keep in mind doing this will not damage your apps or device as i lve tested it on my device personally

BEFORE PROCEEDING: YOU DO NOT NEED ROOT ACCESS TO USE THIS APP!

Step 1: Download Shreddit here is the download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.palmtronix.shreddit.v1

Step 2: once Shreddit has installed ensure you backup any data such as photos, documents etc because it will be unrecoverable once the process has finished.

Step 3: Now run Shreddit from your launcher and you will may need to give it permissions if it asks otherwise it will not work, you will be given 2 options for internal and external storages available with info on how much storage you have available.

Step 4: Now select the desired storage and select the drop down menu on the right side of the selection menu and select the option called "Wipe Full Storage" this will wipe the storage you selected and will NOT delete or uninstall any installed apps.

Step 5: Once you selected the option you want it will take some time depending on your hardware and OS your on and you do have an option to format the storages in the background but i dont reccommend using your phone during the format as apps may not work till the process is done.

Step 6: Once the format process is completed you will need to restart your device in order for already installed apps to work and not crash and reload their data in the appropriate storages for use and your all set and done.

This a great way to format your internal storage without having to go the extra mile to factory reset and reinstall your apps again, if you found this helpful please share and like this thread if i helped you in anyway Thank you for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KBU2

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones