• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How To Get DX To Ring Through Bluetooth Headset???

bamorris2

Aug 11, 2010
I have my DX paired to a motorcycle helmet bluetooth headset (Cardo Scala G4). It's setup on the A2DP profile. It plays music just fine, as well as makes and receives calls. The problem is that when I have an incoming call, my headset does not ring at all. The only thing that happens is, if I'm playing music, the music stops.

I've scoured the internet and cannot find any resolution. I know that it's the phone (and not the headset) because when I pair the headset to my wife's LG Dare, it rings through the headset speakers perfectly.

This is a major problem, and I'm hoping that there IS a way to overcome this. If not now, then maybe with Froyo..??..

It's possible that it may be caused by an incompatibility between the bluetooth stack on the phone and the bluetooth stack in your helmet.

I regularly use a Droid X with a Nolan helmet with integrated bluetooth. Mine seems to work just fine. I also bounce back and forth between different bluetooth headsets without issue. I would imagine, and I don't know this for a fact, that most modern bluetooth headsets are able to provide a ring tone when a call is received. And I know most modern smartphones are capable of allowing this. For this reason I'm thinking that it might just be an incompatibility between the two.

Check the Cardio web site, if you haven't already, to see if there are any updates to the firmware on the G4. Since these phones tend to get OTA updates it's more likely that you might find an update to help remedy the situation there.

Upvote 0
I have my DX paired to a motorcycle helmet bluetooth headset (Cardo Scala G4). It's setup on the A2DP profile. It plays music just fine, as well as makes and receives calls. The problem is that when I have an incoming call, my headset does not ring at all. The only thing that happens is, if I'm playing music, the music stops.

I've scoured the internet and cannot find any resolution. I know that it's the phone (and not the headset) because when I pair the headset to my wife's LG Dare, it rings through the headset speakers perfectly.

This is a major problem, and I'm hoping that there IS a way to overcome this. If not now, then maybe with Froyo..??..

I have the same problem, Cardo sez it's the phone I also have major problems. I listen to music, the try the intercom and everything locks up

Works most of the time as a single but as a two up NOPE nothing Cardo can do as it is the phne and not their units They were fery helpful but in the end $315 down the drain

Upvote 0
Using Motorola S9 HD bluetooth headphones and experiencing the same thing. When I use corded earplugs, the music is muted and I hear my ("Droid") notification for texts and emails, or phone ringing. With the bluetooth, it's exactly like you said. Silence, but no ring. It's a Moto phone and Moto headphones. You'd think they would be compatible.

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem with my BT unit in the car. After the 2.2 update, I had issues with it and my jawbone ICON BT.

I ended up deleting all devices (phones) from the headunit and my icon and then re-paired the DX. let it re-load the Contacts, etc etc.

So far works much better. Before that, delete the devices in the phones memory too.

Maybe you should try this first, if you haven't already.

Once I re-paired and reset everything, it works so much better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones