• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to increase memory capacity

What phone?

And do you mean internal storage or RAM?

And most likely the answer is NO to both unless your phone has a SD card reader and then you can expand the internal storage with a SD card. (Some phones do offer a way to expand RAM by using internal storage memory.)

But I have no knowledge of ALL phones made so, maybe, but still I will say doubtful.

Upvote 0
I presume when you say "memory" you mean that the storage is full? "Memory" more commonly means RAM, so if you mean that your RAM usage is high then don't worry about that, it's the way it's supposed to be (and under no circumstances install a "ram cleaner" or any other crap of that sort).

For storage there's not much you can do. You can buy a microSD card and move media to that. You might be able to partially move some user-installed apps (if you can it will be via Settings > Apps, select the app and look for a move to sd button), but that is limited: not all apps support it, and it only moves a part of the app. You won't be able to format a card as internal storage because Samsung never supported that on their flagships. So it really comes down to uninstall apps you don't need, move media to SD, and if you get desperate try clearing some app caches (browsers can cache a lot of junk), but that's only a temporary fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones