• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to lose this hacker!

jos72512

Lurker
Apr 5, 2018
If I'm actually able to finish this message and send it, I will be in shock.

As succinctly as possible... I have a Galaxy Note 5 and a Google account. I have Gmail and I have had one Gmail account that I use personally and another that is directly tied to my Samsung account. That one was set up to differentiate between Samsung and the true Google Gmail that I use daily.

I don't know how but a hacker got in through my Google account. He has completely taken over my phone. By the time I realized what had happened, he had changed passwords on Google and Yahoo accounts, accessed my passwords in Chrome, photos, Google Drive, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc etc. Let me add. This was all done in the course of 27 minutes. I have gotten my account back he locks me out change the password he changes it again we've done this back-and-forth probably 20 times on most of my accounts. I know I need new Google account. However, I can barely get enough time to keep them open and download the data or at least what's left of it.

This guy just screws around with me. I have done 3 factory resets to no avail. He will change passwords in real time while I am changing them! That's why I said I would be shocked if he didn't wipe this message out. I am using a VPN perhaps that's the difference. How do I get rid of this guy? Like I said, I have wiped my phone clean 3 times with and without SD card installed. I did notice today that an APK and a lot of different types of apps were installed on my phone. I know I didn't do it. Can somebody please help? Phone is not rooted btw. I have developer option open already. This has already been reported to local authorities to the FBI's IC3 Google Samsung Etc right now I just need to get my life back and get him to quit locking me out of every account that I touch! Any help would be appreciated!

From what you've described, you need to a) stop focusing on your phone and b) direct all your attention and efforts on getting your online accounts secured.
-- Turn off WiFi and pull your SIM card so your phone is completely cut off from any online connectivity, then using a web browser on a computer/laptop log into your various online social media accounts, one-by-one, decouple any of them that you have previously linked together, and then reset the passwords for each. This isn't going to be quick task but since one of more (probably more) of your online accounts has been compromised, until you confirm that each one has been cleaned up and is only under your control again it's a necessary mess to deal with.
-- When all that's done, now get back to your phone. Go into your Settings >> Apps menu and find each of the relevant social media (and email) apps and tap on the 'Force stop' button, and then go into 'Storage' and tap on the 'Clear data' button. This wipes any saved configuration settings and the app's cache. Now put the SIM card back in, start up, enable WiFi again, and start going through your email and social media apps. You'll have to re-enter your user name and password again for each one but hopefully outside forces won't be able to access any of your online presence anymore.
-- You might also want to be enable two-factor authentication for your online media services too.

Upvote 0
From what you've described, you need to a) stop focusing on your phone and b) direct all your attention and efforts on getting your online accounts secured.
-- Turn off WiFi and pull your SIM card so your phone is completely cut off from any online connectivity, then using a web browser on a computer/laptop log into your various online social media accounts, one-by-one, decouple any of them that you have previously linked together, and then reset the passwords for each. This isn't going to be quick task but since one of more (probably more) of your online accounts has been compromised, until you confirm that each one has been cleaned up and is only under your control again it's a necessary mess to deal with.
-- When all that's done, now get back to your phone. Go into your Settings >> Apps menu and find each of the relevant social media (and email) apps and tap on the 'Force stop' button, and then go into 'Storage' and tap on the 'Clear data' button. This wipes any saved configuration settings and the app's cache. Now put the SIM card back in, start up, enable WiFi again, and start going through your email and social media apps. You'll have to re-enter your user name and password again for each one but hopefully outside forces won't be able to access any of your online presence anymore.
-- You might also want to be enable two-factor authentication for your online media services too.

Thanks for your input. I should've mentioned that I did focus on the IMPORTANT accounts before worrying about the phone. Of course, all I can do is hope nothing gets through financially. I'm doing the rest of the stuff you recommended as soon as I send this reply. Thanks again ...any idea as to how he might have gotten in ?? Just curious.....

Upvote 0
Thanks for your input. I should've mentioned that I did focus on the IMPORTANT accounts before worrying about the phone. Of course, all I can do is hope nothing gets through financially. I'm doing the rest of the stuff you recommended as soon as I send this reply. Thanks again ...any idea as to how he might have gotten in ?? Just curious.....
Yes noted about the accounts matter, but just to point out that it is important to cut your phone off temporarily as even while you clean up your online accounts if you left your phone with any online connectivity, whomever has compromised your accounts could be following along relying on those same apps running in the background.

Reactions: Daniel Fernandes
Upvote 0
To the point, I went and am going through the same thing! That is all good advice turn off wifi, blue tooth, mobile connection & make sure to turn on airplane mode! airplane mode will turn off all connections to ur phone. Once u change passwords on a PC use as many digits as possible I use 48 mix it up upper case lower case etc... Use a VPN & use a private browser Duck, onion etc.. Ok now if u made it this far u have some privacy. Now the bad news DO NOT purchase or use any credit card transactions over ur phone do not use autofill etc..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones