• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to make a call with just one command

teknologia

Lurker
Dec 29, 2012
I hate to make a phone call with an android. I need to press 4 or 5 symbols on the screen before the phone finally calls my friend.

There must be an easy way to call people, for example when driving? Voice control is not an alternative (too hard to get the device to understand...).

One thing which would remove one step, is to remove the option to always choose between voice call, video call and sms? I want to make a voice call directlyg without a question?

What are my options?

Hello and welcome!
What device do you have and what Android version is it on?
On some devices, you can create a "contact shortcut" on one of your homescreens to call a contact. I know that doesn't help for all your contacts as there would be X amount of shortcuts for X amount of contacts.
Just a thought:)

There might be other ways that others may know too:)

Upvote 0
With Jelly Bean, I have been using the Direct Dial widgets, which are stackable. You can create each one (on your home screen, for example,) in alphabetical order and drag each on top of the other. Then when you want to make a call, tap on the widget , tap on who you want to call, and away you go. Pretty slick really.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones