• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to make Gmail as default when creating contacts?

flipteg

Mar 18, 2011
on Sense, when i create s contact, it will have a drop box to create the contact on either the phone's memory, Gmail, or SIM card. it is defaulted to create it in the phone's memory and it is very annoying having to remember this every time i create a contact because i want it to be created in Gmail. is there any way to make Gmail the default?

Thats odd, I am using a Thunderbolt as well and that is the method.....maybe trying restarting your phone????

Mine does the same as the OP. Even having Google as the only listed contact list in the phone, doesn't change the default entry storage for creating a new contact. It would be nice to figure out though, a sure-fire way to make new contact creation automatically, and reliably, use Google as the default storage location for it.

Upvote 0
Latest OTA on mine, though I do use Go Contacts and Dialer. Not sure if that would somehow be causing it. I'll check a few other things, see what I can manage. Also not rooted on my end. Will report back in a few.

EDIT:

Ok, I got mine to do it (at least for the moment). Though I use Go Contacts, it wouldn't change, even after telling it to only show Google contacts. However, going into the People app (stock contacts), and doing the same there and clicking done at the bottom, it apparently saves for both apps, and now, in either one, if I go to add a new contact, it defaults to Google properly.

Yay!

So, if you're using another contacts app, make sure to try to change it in the stock one as well, to make sure it comes through, see if that helps. Now I just have to move the last 5 that I apparently had in the phone, over to G, and I'll be set.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones