• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to mirror screen without sound

MrFraggle

Lurker
Aug 15, 2017
I wanted to create a setup where i can play my phone screen on another monitor using chromecast, while the sound still plays from my phone as the other monitor doesn't have internal speakers.
Is this possible? I wasn't able to find a way to do it yet.
The regular streaming app google home, sends both video and sound without the option to separate those two.
So when I connect to chromecast, whatever sound is on screen goes silent.
I hope there is an app for this!

I wanted to create a setup where i can play my phone screen on another monitor using chromecast, while the sound still plays from my phone as the other monitor doesn't have internal speakers.
Is this possible? I wasn't able to find a way to do it yet.
The regular streaming app google home, sends both video and sound without the option to separate those two.
So when I connect to chromecast, whatever sound is on screen goes silent.
I hope there is an app for this!
Hi there! You can try ApowerMirror. This app allows you to mirror your device from PC and control it. As of the moment, it does not support casting of audio unless you connect your phone using Chromecast. So, my advice is connect your phone using USB cable or the mirror button within the app.

Upvote 0
Hi there! You can try ApowerMirror. This app allows you to mirror your device from PC and control it. As of the moment, it does not support casting of audio unless you connect your phone using Chromecast. So, my advice is connect your phone using USB cable or the mirror button within the app.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately my setup doesn't include a pc. I just need to see my mobile screen on a standalone monitor and still play the sound from my phone.

Reactions: danacochran54
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones