• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to Remove password?

I am passing my htc phone to my daughter and would like to remove the password I chose for it, so that when she wants to use it she doesn't have to keep on typing in the password each time she goes to use the phone. I am unsure how to do this. I have been into security and see no options to remove the password.
Many thanks
Tricia

In Sense 3.0/Android 2.3.5, if you're talking about the screen unlock security, then Menu > Settings > Security > Change screen lock > Enter current PIN > Select None. Your old PIN should then be wiped from the phone's memory.

If you're talking about SIM card lock settings, then Menu > Settings > Security > Set up SIM card lock > Lock SIM card - deselect.

Upvote 0
In Sense 3.0/Android 2.3.5, if you're talking about the screen unlock security, then Menu > Settings > Security > Change screen lock > Enter current PIN > Select None. Your old PIN should then be wiped from the phone's memory.

If you're talking about SIM card lock settings, then Menu > Settings > Security > Set up SIM card lock > Lock SIM card - deselect.

Thank you very much notebook :)

Upvote 0
You can always add another account to that device like Google or other and just sign out of Google and let her log into hers new account on that device. Or do a factory reset and remove all your personal and private stuff and let her sign in to a fresh factory reset device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones