• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to rename external SD card?

Do you really want to rename the exernal SD card? I don't know whether this is doable and it might confuse the system and apps. I think keeping folders and apps with their default names in default locations is a good practice.

The previous discussion thread http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/331797-how-use-external-sd-card.html talks a lot about internal storage versus external storage.

Basically your apps and their data are stored in the internal storage /sdcard, and data like photos & videos can be stored in the external /external_sd unless you choose to change this behavior.

Hope this helps.

Shengxin

Reactions: fonduekid
Upvote 0
Thanks a lot.

Yes, I understand, that its the name of the file system mount point and I was wondering if there was a way to rename it.

For example, when I had a SD Card in my Nokia 5230, there I had the option to "name" my external memory card... and hence I was thinking if it was possible to do the same with the SGS2 / Android 4.0.

Anyway, thanks again for the clarification :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones