• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to report spam?

The question may sound stupid, but it's for real. I use True Phone as my default phone app – good program. The only thing it does not seem to have is a way to report a number as being spam. In my old phone, a Pixel 3XL, I used the default google phone app to do this, but some time ago, this app insisted that it be the default dialer. So, I turned off automatic updates, installed an older version, and it worked fine.

Today, I got my Pixel 7 Pro ready to go. I again installed True Phone, but when I tried to install the old version of the google dialer, I was told that it will not run because of the newer version of Android.

So, my (hopefully simple) question is this: What is a good, and easy, way to block and report a number as spam?

i use youmail. it cuts my spam calls and will block a majority of calls coming to my phone.
Thanks, but youmail does not support Google Fi.

Along these lines: It seems to me that the only way to access voicemail with Google Fi is via the Google Voice app, which to be used must be the default dialer app. I would like to use a different dialer app, but have been unable to find any voicemail apps that work on my Pixel 7.

Question: What voicemail app(s) can I try or must I use Google Voice?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones