• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to set custom ringtones on the X2...?

HoLzBeRd

Lurker
Jul 18, 2011
Hey there guys, sorry in advance for my noobness. I've had only 2 android phones, so don't laugh too hard at my question ;). Basically, I have tried ringdroid already (it makes the mp3 file just fine) but when i go to choose it in the list of ringtones, it plays the "emergency call" sounding tone. Also, I have tried creating folders on my external SD card with the following path: Media / Audio / Ringtones...(as well as a Notifications folder under the Audio folder)...the phone fails to recognize any of the files i put there. Tried rebooting to no avail. I'm sure there's something stupid I'm forgetting but this is pretty annoying...please help guys!

Try going directly to your file (maybe mp3?) that you put on your phone. From the apps, files, look around a bit...maybe in media, sounds, notifications etc till you find the particular file you want to use. Select it, then you can play it. Use the menu button left bottom and it will give you the option to use that file as a phone ringtone. Do that, then it will then appear in your list of selectable ringtones for phone ringtones. From there, you can use the file.

Upvote 0
It took me awhile to figure it out but heres what you do. After downloading your song/ringtone, go into your music icon. Select the song you want as a ringtone and let it play. While it's playing, select your menu button on the bottom and then select (use as ringtone). It will then appear in your selection when choosing a ringtone for your phone.

Reactions: Snsnoober
Upvote 0
It took me awhile to figure it out but heres what you do. After downloading your song/ringtone, go into your music icon. Select the song you want as a ringtone and let it play. While it's playing, select your menu button on the bottom and then select (use as ringtone). It will then appear in your selection when choosing a ringtone for your phone.

He can also use the wireless app "Airdroid" it allows you to import ringtones using wireless via an IP it gives you for your browser, you click ringtones then import and if the file is the correct format you will be set,hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones