• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to set up a Home Screen on the ZTE Valet

I like to have my most used apps on the main home screen (IE: direct call, FB, Twitter, SiriusXM, etc) and I have done that. However, when I hit the Home Button, it takes me to one of the other screens. Then I get everything rearranged, and remove the extra screens, it reverts back.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the stock launcher on the ZTE Valet is buggy and adds home screens at random whenever you rearrange your apps or install a new app icon. The extra pages screw up your default home screen since the Mi launcher always defaults the center homescreen page as the home page. You might have better luck installing a third party launcher from the google play store. I suggest the Google Now Launcher which is the launcher google created to be used on their line of nexus devices but now also works on about any other android phone including the valet.

I hope I helped!

Upvote 0
Do you have to keep selecting now launcher upon reboot? The ZTE version of Android has the paid app bug, so about every 3 to 4 reboots I have to reset smart launcher as my default. This is the main reason I want root so I can make smart launcher a system app and see if that problem goes away.

When I was using the free version of the now launcher I didn't have any problems. I'm not aware of the paid app bug but I believe you since a lot of ZTE's software is buggy. And we still don't have root yet but you can check our progress here: http://androidforums.com/valet-all-things-root/799676-ill-help-find-root-method-if-9.html#post6681116

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones