• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to stop gmail from syncing every email I've had since 2008

Marko1973

Lurker
Apr 21, 2012
Sounds funny (or stupid), I'm sure there's a simple answer, I just don't have it! :thinking:
I recently replaced my Android and I must have done something because every 15min or so I get a batch of emails sent to my new phone from my gmail account starting way back from 2008 which is I guess when I opened a gmail account. At this rate, I'll get the 2012 emails sometime in 2014 and will get an annoying letter icon with a @ in front of it in my status bar to make go crazy! :(

How do I stop this madness? I guess it has something to do with synching, but what? Can you help?

Heyya Marko.

open your Gmail on your phone:
Menu --> More --> Settings --> (you@gmail.com) --> Sync Inboxes and Labels -->

On this menu it should list what is synced and how far back. What does yours say?
Enjoy your Monday,
~Sean

This is how you do it. By default the inbox is set to sync all, just change that to whatever time frame you would like synced.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones